Using this checklist a frequency converter can be selected which covers most of the items as standard, but you should also double check whether:
- The converter has mains or intermediate circuit chokes in order to greatly reduce mains interference
- A RFI filter for class A or B is standard or has to be purchased separately
- Motor derating is required if a frequency converter is used
- The converter itself is protected against earth and short-circuit
- The converter reacts adequately in a fault situation.